1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ** Junior

Firstly, thanks to ATZ for a useful and informative post!

I received the below from MP, presumably it is ok to post here. If 1 ppm translates to 1 microgram per gram, then e.g. the arsenic content is less than .25 ug/g, or <50 ug per 200g serving. Unless I did the numbers wrong, that is higher than any of the brands in the article. But it says "less than", not "equal to" - hopefully the numbers are conservative.

I guess if you eat a "bad" whey several times a day for a year, maybe you get a gram or two of heavy metals in you. I guess that is acceptable to most, especially considering almost all food is polluted to some extent anyway.
    Attached Images

I think you are being far too anal about this, also not looking at the big picture. It's like the mercury debate with tinned tuna, a load of rubbish. As long as you have a healthy and varied diet external of whey intake the body will expel any possible dangerous levels.

If you are worried about whey, just get your protein intake from your wholefoods diet alone, which is ideally what you should do anyway...
    MyProtein Checkout Discount Code MP6672 .:. Training Log .:. Start of Max Muscle Plan (15th September '14)
    ATZ
    Banned

Less than symbols ( < ) on a chemical analysis very often means below the limit of detection also...
    MP Senior

JustCharlene - I tried the deep fried pizza on a visit to M&Ds amusement park in May. My friend bought one for us to try. They put salt and vinegar on it, as you would a bag of chips. It was inedible!

Re: tuna - TMUSCLE.com | Question of Nutrition: Vol 4

So basically, eat a lot of tuna, then eat brazil nuts.
    MP Senior

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    JustCharlene - I tried the deep fried pizza on a visit to M&Ds amusement park in May. My friend bought one for us to try. They put salt and vinegar on it, as you would a bag of chips. It was inedible!
    Damn, really? I'm still tempted. It's the curiosity in me wanting to try something that sounds so extreme.

(amazing physique by the way. i hate you )

@JustCharlene - offtopic I know, do you speak/write Japanese? I noticed you have the kana 'Ka' as your avatar.
    MyProtein Checkout Discount Code MP6672 .:. Training Log .:. Start of Max Muscle Plan (15th September '14)
    MP Senior

Hi James, no I'm afraid not. My avatar is the result of googling the japanese for "strength". I was wanting to get it as a tattoo but then my boyfriend (who knows a little japanese just from manga and anime) also said it looks like the japanese for "ka"... which it does, so I'm confused :S

It's strength yes (well actually 'power' or strength), It's English sound is 'chikara'. Ka is actually used at the end of a statement to pose a question. =

お元気ですか - O-genki desu ka (notice the little line over the top of 'ka' to change it's reading, this is called a 'radical' making it different from 'chikara').

Basically meaning, "How are you?"

The symbol for 'strong' is - 強
    Last edited by James; 28-06-2010 at 03:34 PM.
    MP Veteran

BatJapJames..
    MP Veteran

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by JustCharlene View Post
    Hi James, no I'm afraid not. My avatar is the result of googling the japanese for "strength". I was wanting to get it as a tattoo but then my boyfriend (who knows a little japanese just from manga and anime) also said it looks like the japanese for "ka"... which it does, so I'm confused :S
    it means the same in Chinese too

if you combine strength and field you get man :-)

Thread Information