1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Default How many nuts can you eat on a low carb diet?

Banned

Just wondered how many nuts per day im allowed to eat per day on a low carb diet(100gnet per day)? Anyone got any ideas many thanks?
    Curt
    i wouldnt go over 200g lol
    MP Veteran

Even 200g may be excessive, i'd say 100g was plenty.

Nuts are good but too many will cause problems due to natural toxins, protease inhibitors and the like.....your body will show you this if you eat too many.
    High Fat Diet Sucks

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

Ripped Barbarian is a Supplements & Training and Diet Moderator.
    Banned

O.k.,thanks guys. Just that i love chestnuts and i got my first bag of them today. Used to eat about a pound a day before! Have to take it easy then this year, missus will be happy, not so many farts to put up with!
    Qualified Gym Instructor

soak them overnight in water

it all depends on the rest of your diet though tbh
    Quote Quote
    When you eat the foods your body is made for (Paleo foods) in a framework that your body is made for (feast-fast, such as IF), it all works beautifully.
    MP573 for 5% discount off all products!!
    MP Veteran

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
    O.k.,thanks guys. Just that i love chestnuts and i got my first bag of them today. Used to eat about a pound a day before! Have to take it easy then this year, missus will be happy, not so many farts to put up with!
    Don't mean to spoil your plans but chestnuts are high in carbs, like 70% pretty well the only high carb 'nut' actually.

Not that they are bad or anything, pretty good paleo food.
    High Fat Diet Sucks

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

Ripped Barbarian is a Supplements & Training and Diet Moderator.

Certain seeds and nuts are very low in carbs, like brazil nuts, walnuts, sesame seeds, flax seed. Use the NutritionData website to look up the carbs in the seeds and nuts you are interested in.
    MP Code MP2931 for 5% off first order - and make daddy some money ...

I dont need to sell my soul, he's already in me
    Stone Roses - "I Wanna Be Adored"

hailtotheking is a Global Moderator.
    MP Veteran

Blog Entries
    Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by hailtotheking View Post
    Certain seeds and nuts are very low in carbs, like brazil nuts, walnuts, sesame seeds, flax seed. Use the NutritionData website to look up the carbs in the seeds and nuts you are interested in.
    Good advice, HTTK. They do tend to vary quite a bit in carb content. My current favourites are macadamia nuts - but, as RC said in an earlier post, I do try to limit my intake.

just found this resource for anyone wishing to check out the [net] carb content of popular varieties of nuts and seeds:
    http://www.carbs-information.com/car...nuts-seeds.htm
    Last edited by NU_nutrition_TS; 15-10-2007 at 02:03 PM.

Thread Information