1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bodyrock.tv

1. Default Bodyrock.tv

MP Member

Hi guys

I've recently stumbled upon this lady doing quite intensive workout while browsing youtube.
    YouTube - Fitness - Boot Camp Workout 1: Burpee's Exercise
    (it's the whole series I am interested in plus other workouts)
    Appart from certain visual aspects of the clips, do you reckon it's a good thing to interlace these kind of exercises with stronglifts?

I am trying to loose weight, I am dieting properly, and doing Stronglifts as one should, and doing HIIT in the days between lifting. Now one thing is that HIIT is being somewhat discredited, the other is that it's said that it shouldn't be done for more than 8 weeks, so I am thinkig about another tiresome, fat burning and all-body routine for the days without lifting.

What do you think?
    Semi Geek

I was just over 15 stone in weight, and lost it all through cardio. I know that some say its pointless and you should limit yourself, but it worked for me.

Started on the bike, then progressed to the x-trainer, and finally ended up on the treadmill. I can now run 10k in less that 45 minutes (on a treadmill).

I did do full body fixed weights at the same time.

Now that I'm doing free weights, and squats, etc, I don't find that the muscle's are actually massively bigger, but do look more rounded and have better definition.

Have a look at tabata, if you want to lose weight.

Dare I suggest cross fit as an alternative.

YouTube - The Bear Complex WOD

PS The girl on bodyrock is called Susana Spears. Don't google her at work.

Thread Information