1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
  • Focus on Exceed - Ben Coomber

When I leave the gym I want to be thinking one thing........ BOOM!

I don’t know about you but I want to feel that the damage is done, it’s in the bag and I’ve had an awesome session. The only thing left to do now is grow, replenish and be better as a result.

Like me you might often have only £50 to spend on some valued supplements, often even £20, so what do you buy? If I only had £20 to spend there would only be one option....

EXCEED!

Ok so now you’re asking why?

I’m a big fan of getting the majority of my needs from real food, but I know there are some supplements that have so much scientific backing that it’s hard to ignore them, and the ingredients in Exceed are no exception. I want all of my workouts to be awesome, granted not always possible, but heck I’m going try. The more quality reps I can push out, the more weight I can lift and the better I can perform in my workout is going to pay dividends, especially as a rugby player myself, every second in the gym counts.

So what’s so special about Exceed? For a start there are plenty of studies pointing to the benefits of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’s), Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate. Firstly, BCAA’s have been used for decades to support training for these reasons:

- Raw fuel substrate to the working muscles
    - Helps create an internal anabolic environment
    - Minimises muscle tissue breakdown
    - Increases protein synthesis due to Leucine content
    - Increases recovery ability
    - Increases endurance
    - Aids in fat loss
    - Increases immune health through preventing glutamine loss

So in light of the above, BCAA’s can aid in both a fat loss cycle and a muscle building cycle, which is why I would dive in if I only had £20 to spend. I want to know that I’m supported throughout my whole training session and that I can get the most out of it. Sometimes we’re feeling good and we want to train for an hour, a perfect reason to make sure the muscles have everything they need to work hard.

With the popularity of Intermittent Fasting we can also see an added benefit from including BCAA’s in our diet. Training in a fasted state requires fuel and support, BCAA’s alone are good, but combine them with lactate buffering agents like Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate and we can ensure a better quality workout. Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate can ensure more reps, more strength and overall better gains from a higher quality weights session.

Sold yet?

We also can’t ignore Leucine, one of Exceed’s key amino acids, proven to up regulate protein synthesis and Leucine oxidation, two markers that we are increasing the internal anabolic environment during and after training. A 20g serving of Exceed contains 10g of BCAA’s, a good research proven dose, and in a 540g bag that works out at 27 servings, only £0.74. Now that’s cheaper than your standard isotonic drink you might buy in your gym, and I know which one I would rather have in my gym bag!

Ben Coomber is a sports and performance nutritionist and owner of Body Type Nutrition. He coaches gym goers, people dedicated to getting more out of their physiques and ultimately reaching their goals and athletes from MMA, rowing, rugby, football and Ironman. He practices what he preaches and is genuinely interested in helping others. Get involved and join in the conversation over at the Body Type Nutrition Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/BodyTypeNutrition

Discuss on the MP Forum.
    Comments 4 Comments
      Exceed is good, but the Perform XS was better. Oh Perform XS, i miss you so much ....
      What was Perform XS?

Exceed needs a bit of update. iBCAAs would be a start. Personally a better flavouring system then berry blast. I think these two changes could help it to continue to compete in the market.
      Beta Alanine and I do not rock well

Good one, Ben!
      Perform XS = MP Formula - Perform XS [new product]

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2