1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Default Intermittent Fasting and AD

MP Senior

I've been reading some of the online information on intermittent fasting.

I'm on the Anabolic Diet and typically eat every 3-4 hours.

Do IF and AD go together?

It's sometimes difficult for me to eat at work so wondered if I couldn't combine the two, e.g. would eating at breakfast (6.00am) and then in the window between 20.00 and 22.00 really achieve the intended benefits of IF. (I'd aim to do this on non-training days)

Would this enable me to lean out quicker given I'm on the AD? e.g. would I be spending more time where my body is drawing on its fat stores since I'm eating less regularly.

Thanks
    Nick
    MP L337

Yup, intermittent fasting is perfect for low carb diets like AD. 16 hours is a good period to aim for with IF, I've done 24 hour fasts before but found 16 hours to be much more manageable. From what i've read (mainly from art devaney) 1 or 2 periods of fasting a week seems to be enough, but i'd keep the amount and days of fasting each week random so your body doesn't adapt to the routine.
    Using this code with your first order will make you a ripped machine. Use with the up most of care!
    MP2484
    *may or may not make you a ripped machine...infact it most certainly wont.

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

sendos is a Supplements & Training and Diet Moderator.
    ATZ
    Banned

Fasting won't allow you to lean out any quicker per say unless you're monitoring calories, plus as AD style meals are very satisfying so you may struggle to get all your cals in within the eating window.

Have a read of Leangains - Intermittent Fasting for Strength Training and Fat Loss if you're interested in a fasting set-up aimined at weight training individuals.
    MP Senior

thanks, I'll take a look through the leangains resources.

For the same daily calorific intake though wouldn't I burn more fat by concentrating the intake in a restricted window (say 4-5 hours). Wouldn't I be in a fat burning state for a longer period of the day and lay down less fat in the window when I'm eating?

Or is the main factor the total calories in over say a 24 hour period?

Thanks
    Nick
    ATZ
    Banned

The main factor would be calorie intake, however you will get some nutrient partitioning as you are eating in a condensed window which is also normally around training (with the leangains approach) so you are less likely to store those cals as fat. However, if you're not in a calorific defecit you won't lose weight.

Thread Information