1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. Default Substitute for cottage cheese N diet advice

    #1
    MP Junior

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8
    HI FELLOW READERS,

    I had cottage cheese last night, it was a nightmare. The taste is very yucky!!!
    I read various forums in which they given advices to make taste better by adding fruits or some syrup.
    I know cottage cheese is very good source of protein. Can someone please give me any substitute for cottage cheese. As i am vegetarian as well so cant have meat although i can have eggs.
    My daily diet is

    7am Protein shake

    8:30 am Poridge with milk

    10:30 am fruits & juice

    1m big sandwich (peanut butter, moz cheese, with honey)

    3 pm Juice and banana

    6pm rice & vegetable curry

    8pm pre training drink

    10 pm post training drink

    before bed instant milk protein Caisein protein


    Can someone please tell me what should I do to increase my daily protein intake. Please note i am an poor vegetarian
  2.  
    #2
    MP Veteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    .
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,709
    Low fat mozarella is a good alternative to cottage cheese.

    You say you can have eggs but i see no eggs in your diet, add them.

    A 6 egg mayo or curried egg would make an awesome sandwich filler or high protein snack in it's own right.
    High Fat Diet Sucks

    Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

    Ripped Barbarian is a Supplements & Training and Diet Moderator.
  3.  
    #3
    MP Junior

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8
    Thanks ripped Barbarian for your advice...could you please tell me 1 more thing
    I want to increase my daily protein intake so I am confused between EGG WHITE POWDER protein and CALCIUM CASEINATE.
    which one is best for protein intake and for results in gym.
    I am already having Whey protein 3 times a day.
  4.  
    #4
    MP Veteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    .
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,709
    Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by avninderghai View Post
    Thanks ripped Barbarian for your advice...could you please tell me 1 more thing
    I want to increase my daily protein intake so I am confused between EGG WHITE POWDER protein and CALCIUM CASEINATE.
    which one is best for protein intake and for results in gym.
    I am already having Whey protein 3 times a day.
    Egg white powder is theoretically superior. but i'd actually go for a mix!
    Caseinate will taste better.

    I recommend trying both and seeing which you get on with before buying a large amount of either.
    High Fat Diet Sucks

    Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

    Ripped Barbarian is a Supplements & Training and Diet Moderator.
  5.  
    #5
    MP Junior

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8
    Then how can i make my protein diet routine. currently i am having

    6:30 am 1 scoop whey protein shake

    3 pm 1 scoop whey protein shake

    9:40 pm 1 scoop whey protein shake (after workout)
  6.  
    #6
    suj
    suj is offline
    Powered by Veggie Curry

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by avninderghai View Post
    HI FELLOW READERS,

    I had cottage cheese last night, it was a nightmare. The taste is very yucky!!!
    I read various forums in which they given advices to make taste better by adding fruits or some syrup.
    I know cottage cheese is very good source of protein. Can someone please give me any substitute for cottage cheese. As i am vegetarian as well so cant have meat although i can have eggs.
    My daily diet is

    7am Protein shake

    8:30 am Poridge with milk
    2-3eggs, + bowl of oats

    10:30 am fruits & juice
    nuts, boiled eggs, cheeses, natural/greek yogurt + berries

    1m big sandwich (peanut butter, moz cheese, with honey)
    try some quorn fillets, and make a "fake" chicken caesar salad, make sure bread is wholemeal

    3 pm Juice and banana
    have one the snacks i said

    6pm rice & vegetable curry
    if you don't have curry, try something like quorn fajita's, boiled veg (carrots, parsnips, broccoli) + sweet potato, + something (quorn, some cooked halloumi cheese etc)

    8pm pre training drink

    10 pm post training drink

    before bed instant milk protein Caisein protein


    Can someone please tell me what should I do to increase my daily protein intake. Please note i am an poor vegetarian
    like RB said, you can improve diet (i am veggie myself, are you indian aswell?
    i have wrote some adjustments in red

    try and stay away from fruit juices, very high in sugars, and fruit, instead eat more veg!
    if you want 5% off first order, use the code... MP53975
    if you don't use the code... MP53975
    My Log
  7.  
    #7
    MP Junior

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8
    Thanks Suj, Ya i am an Indian, though punjbai but veggie...lol

    i recently started taking care of my meal thts y dont know how to plan my daily meal.
    i cant find any meal plan for veggie but one can find plenty for non-vegg guys.

    i am only worried about my protein intake. currently i am taking 3 servings of normal whey protein in a day and my diet is not so protein oriented.

    so could you please guide me which protein should i take either calcium caseinate or egg white powder.

    do you know any other alternate of cottage cheese. i cant stand tht.
  8.  
    #8
    MP Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    72
    You could try quark, morrisons sell it, as do asda, similar texture to cottage cheese but not as chalky, and tastes like natural yoghurt. Pretty much any soft cheese is relatively high in protein.

    As for milk powder (casienate) or egg white powder, I'd be tempted to just go with milk or eggs, or if you need powders for convenience, a mix of both.

    Other veggie protein sources are halumi (sp?) the indian cheese thats similar that I cant remember the name of, nuts, fish if you eat it?
  9.  
    #9
    suj
    suj is offline
    Powered by Veggie Curry

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by KeithJEB View Post
    You could try quark, morrisons sell it, as do asda, similar texture to cottage cheese but not as chalky, and tastes like natural yoghurt. Pretty much any soft cheese is relatively high in protein.

    As for milk powder (casienate) or egg white powder, I'd be tempted to just go with milk or eggs, or if you need powders for convenience, a mix of both.

    Other veggie protein sources are halumi (sp?) the indian cheese thats similar that I cant remember the name of, nuts, fish if you eat it?
    yep i wrote halloumi

    and the indian cheese you meant was Paneer
    as he is a veggie due to religion (being indian) we don't eat any animal (i think it's called Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian) where we eat eggs, drink milk, but no fish

    Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by avninderghai View Post
    Thanks Suj, Ya i am an Indian, though punjbai but veggie...lol

    i recently started taking care of my meal thts y dont know how to plan my daily meal.
    i cant find any meal plan for veggie but one can find plenty for non-vegg guys.

    i am only worried about my protein intake. currently i am taking 3 servings of normal whey protein in a day and my diet is not so protein oriented.

    so could you please guide me which protein should i take either calcium caseinate or egg white powder.

    do you know any other alternate of cottage cheese. i cant stand tht.
    well keith above said quark, never tried it myself?

    quorn is an alternative for extra protein, i am having 3 protein shakes a day too, hard to get a good protein diet!

    try lentils/beans, in the fajita's add in some kidney beans etc

    cheeses, (cheddar, brie, nearly all cheeses can be good)
    try frying some halloumi cheese (its like paneer, doesn't melt)
    Last edited by suj; 01-09-2009 at 06:03 PM.
    if you want 5% off first order, use the code... MP53975
    if you don't use the code... MP53975
    My Log
  10.  
    #10
    MP Senior

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    635
    Although we aren't in BBQ season, Halloumi and Paneer are both great BBQ'd.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Why Take Cottage Cheese Pre-Bed?
    By solid-fitnes in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 20-06-2008, 08:25 PM
  2. Cottage Cheese, MPC and EWP
    By 2xtreme in forum Supplements & Formulas
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-04-2007, 04:43 PM
  3. Cottage Cheese!
    By King in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 14-04-2007, 01:50 AM
  4. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 25-03-2007, 01:56 PM
  5. Cottage cheese pud
    By cinch in forum Recipes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20-08-2006, 06:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2