1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default Substitute for cottage cheese N diet advice

MP Junior

HI FELLOW READERS,

I had cottage cheese last night, it was a nightmare. The taste is very yucky!!!
    I read various forums in which they given advices to make taste better by adding fruits or some syrup.
    I know cottage cheese is very good source of protein. Can someone please give me any substitute for cottage cheese. As i am vegetarian as well so cant have meat although i can have eggs.
    My daily diet is

7am Protein shake

8:30 am Poridge with milk

10:30 am fruits & juice

1m big sandwich (peanut butter, moz cheese, with honey)

3 pm Juice and banana

6pm rice & vegetable curry

8pm pre training drink

10 pm post training drink

before bed instant milk protein Caisein protein

Can someone please tell me what should I do to increase my daily protein intake. Please note i am an poor vegetarian
    MP Veteran

Low fat mozarella is a good alternative to cottage cheese.

You say you can have eggs but i see no eggs in your diet, add them.

A 6 egg mayo or curried egg would make an awesome sandwich filler or high protein snack in it's own right.
    High Fat Diet Sucks

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

Ripped Barbarian is a Supplements & Training and Diet Moderator.
    MP Junior

Thanks ripped Barbarian for your advice...could you please tell me 1 more thing
    I want to increase my daily protein intake so I am confused between EGG WHITE POWDER protein and CALCIUM CASEINATE.
    which one is best for protein intake and for results in gym.
    I am already having Whey protein 3 times a day.
    MP Veteran

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by avninderghai View Post
    Thanks ripped Barbarian for your advice...could you please tell me 1 more thing
    I want to increase my daily protein intake so I am confused between EGG WHITE POWDER protein and CALCIUM CASEINATE.
    which one is best for protein intake and for results in gym.
    I am already having Whey protein 3 times a day.
    Egg white powder is theoretically superior. but i'd actually go for a mix!
    Caseinate will taste better.

I recommend trying both and seeing which you get on with before buying a large amount of either.
    High Fat Diet Sucks

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

Ripped Barbarian is a Supplements & Training and Diet Moderator.
    MP Junior

Then how can i make my protein diet routine. currently i am having

6:30 am 1 scoop whey protein shake

3 pm 1 scoop whey protein shake

9:40 pm 1 scoop whey protein shake (after workout)
    suj
    Powered by Veggie Curry

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by avninderghai View Post
    HI FELLOW READERS,

I had cottage cheese last night, it was a nightmare. The taste is very yucky!!!
    I read various forums in which they given advices to make taste better by adding fruits or some syrup.
    I know cottage cheese is very good source of protein. Can someone please give me any substitute for cottage cheese. As i am vegetarian as well so cant have meat although i can have eggs.
    My daily diet is

7am Protein shake

8:30 am Poridge with milk
    2-3eggs, + bowl of oats

10:30 am fruits & juice
    nuts, boiled eggs, cheeses, natural/greek yogurt + berries

1m big sandwich (peanut butter, moz cheese, with honey)
    try some quorn fillets, and make a "fake" chicken caesar salad, make sure bread is wholemeal

3 pm Juice and banana
    have one the snacks i said

6pm rice & vegetable curry
    if you don't have curry, try something like quorn fajita's, boiled veg (carrots, parsnips, broccoli) + sweet potato, + something (quorn, some cooked halloumi cheese etc)

8pm pre training drink

10 pm post training drink

before bed instant milk protein Caisein protein

Can someone please tell me what should I do to increase my daily protein intake. Please note i am an poor vegetarian
    like RB said, you can improve diet (i am veggie myself, are you indian aswell?
    i have wrote some adjustments in red

try and stay away from fruit juices, very high in sugars, and fruit, instead eat more veg!
    if you want 5% off first order, use the code... MP53975
    if you don't use the code... MP53975
    My Log
    MP Junior

Thanks Suj, Ya i am an Indian, though punjbai but veggie...lol

i recently started taking care of my meal thts y dont know how to plan my daily meal.
    i cant find any meal plan for veggie but one can find plenty for non-vegg guys.

i am only worried about my protein intake. currently i am taking 3 servings of normal whey protein in a day and my diet is not so protein oriented.

so could you please guide me which protein should i take either calcium caseinate or egg white powder.

do you know any other alternate of cottage cheese. i cant stand tht.
    MP Member

You could try quark, morrisons sell it, as do asda, similar texture to cottage cheese but not as chalky, and tastes like natural yoghurt. Pretty much any soft cheese is relatively high in protein.

As for milk powder (casienate) or egg white powder, I'd be tempted to just go with milk or eggs, or if you need powders for convenience, a mix of both.

Other veggie protein sources are halumi (sp?) the indian cheese thats similar that I cant remember the name of, nuts, fish if you eat it?
    suj