1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default Scooby's Diet Calc

Free Fat Loss Calorie Calculator

The guy seems to talk sense most of the time (most...) in his youtube videos, plus he has the body to back up most of his claims (MOST...).

Just found his site calculator, it's pretty accurate and I would say good for an initially guide for newer trainers out there who need a basic figure to calculate their maint/diet/bulk from. You can input pretty much all figures from meals per day and nutrient ratios, again, perfect if you need a quick bit of info or if you are new/need help setting up the basics.
    MyProtein Checkout Discount Code MP6672 .:. Training Log

Another good basic calc for calorie cycling - Advanced Fat Loss - Carb Cycling

Even gives a basic diet plan with dynamic intake results dependent on total daily calories, like it.
    Use MP120578

Seems like a useful resource.

His youtube vids are pretty funny, but also useful. Helped me when I was getting started. I just love his voice and the hat
    Want to save 5% on your order? Want to repay me for the awesome advice I gave you? Or do you just like the cut of my jib?
    ---> Then use MP120578 on your 1st order & get a 5% discount.

looks decent but his ratios seem odd? for me it works out at 200g's of carbs a day on the low carb days!!!
    i consider that high carb!!
    PB's as of 01/09/2013: Deads 230kg, Squat 200kg , Bench 115kg,
    End of 2013 Targets: Deads 250kg, Squats 220kg, Bench 130kg.
    Do you want a 5% discount on your order? If so use MP42387.
    My New Current Training Log My Old Training Log My Velocity Diet

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

Was_once_fat_dave is a General Forum Moderator.
    Use MP120578

This forum has a rather dysfunctional relationship with carbs, to say the least.

I've seen "low-carb" defined as up to 20% of calories from carbs in various places. It just depends on your viewpoint of such things.
    Want to save 5% on your order? Want to repay me for the awesome advice I gave you? Or do you just like the cut of my jib?
    ---> Then use MP120578 on your 1st order & get a 5% discount.

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by Was_once_fat_dave View Post
    looks decent but his ratios seem odd? for me it works out at 200g's of carbs a day on the low carb days!!!
    i consider that high carb!!
    Although that area is titled carb cycling (which is technically is, as crabs are changing daily), I would say it's good for planning calorie cycling.
    MP Member

Hmmmm - this is what worries me (in over thinking mode of course lol)

I take in just shy of 2300 a day, everyday.

I work out thus;

Monday/Thursday - Upper (all 3 x 8-10reps or less); Flat Bench, Pull Up, Shoulder Raises (lat or front), Bicep Curls, Tricep Pushdown. Sometimes vary the exercises, but you get the gist. Followed by 8 rep, 20 minutes of HIIT and the medicine ball twists, crunches and V's.

Tuesday/Fri - Lower (as above); Lunges or Deadlifts, Squats (but they only have a smiths at my gym), Calf raises, Leg Press or Curls. 20 minutes of ramp up Cross-trainer (so from level 10 for 2 mins upwards). Planks.

I'd say that is above moderate, so maybe I'm a little light on cals.........I'm there from about 7.15 unit 8.30.

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    This forum has a rather dysfunctional relationship with carbs, to say the least.

I've seen "low-carb" defined as up to 20% of calories from carbs in various places. It just depends on your viewpoint of such things.
    he's quoting 30% as low carb though. thats hardlys low carb. it's only marginly under a isocaloric diet.

Tauren, lets not take this thread into another carb's 'discussion' theres plenty other threads on here for you to voice your opinion on it.
    PB's as of 01/09/2013: Deads 230kg, Squat 200kg , Bench 115kg,
    End of 2013 Targets: Deads 250kg, Squats 220kg, Bench 130kg.
    Do you want a 5% discount on your order? If so use MP42387.
    My New Current Training Log My Old Training Log My Velocity Diet

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

Was_once_fat_dave is a General Forum Moderator.

Damn every thread breaks out into a carb war!

Dont think about it; just eat to sustain your training. Always worked for me.
    Useful Links:
    <MP20180>

I agree, scooby's def got some good advice

Apart from telling us to throw the yolks away!!!

Thread Information