1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Default Supplements to help keep me awake during the day?

** Junior

I've got university exams and for some revision, when exam time comes, I tend to feel sleepy when I try to revise. I'm sleeping well - 8 hours a day, but nothing is more annoying than trying to revise then immediately feeling very tired and very sleepy.

Just today at 3PM I tried revising my notes then all of a sudden a signal hits my brain telling me to sleep. I had no choice but to lie down. I just woke up now and honestly I feel like 'crap'. Heh.

I remember reading some supplement reviews here that some people say 'DON'T TAKE THIS IN THE EVENING YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP'. Too bad I can't remember the name of the supp...

So I want something that will keep me awake during the day.

What supplements by Myprotein are ones that promote concentration and 'awakeness' (or in this case, energy).
    Save 5% of your first purchase with this code: MP36695
    MP Veteran

cafferine is the obvious one, also guarana is another. myprotein only offers the caffeine one. if you go on the website and read through the supplements it will tell you their benefits/
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better."
    Steve's IFing & Strength Log ---- My Home Gym
    Use code MP15581919 for 5% off your first order!
    MP Veteran

Try Alpha-GPC Non stim, which helps with cognition
    Do you want 5% off your first order and advice? Smash in MP72962 when you order

ISAK Level 1 Anthropometrist
    MP Senior

What is it that you're eating for lunch? I ask because depending on how you tolerate carbs, and the type that you consume, you can suffer a crash around that time after the initial spike in blood glucose from your meal.

Zoned + Activate.
    MP Code MP2931 for 5% off first order - and make daddy some money ...

I dont need to sell my soul, he's already in me
    Stone Roses - "I Wanna Be Adored"

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

hailtotheking is a Global Moderator.
    MP Veteran

Blog Entries
    Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by Timmm View Post
    What is it that you're eating for lunch? I ask because depending on how you tolerate carbs, and the type that you consume, you can suffer a crash around that time after the initial spike in blood glucose from your meal.
    This would be my initial guess too.

Unless the subject being revised is so boring (or difficult) the sleepiness is a psychosomatic response to avoid it altogether.

But seriously reactive hypoglycaemia seems more plausible - the big clue is feeling "like 'crap'" when you wake back up. If it was normal fatigue you would expect to awake refreshed and rested.

If the 'crap' feeling includes difficulty in waking - like being in a semi-comatose state where you can barely force your eyes open, followed by feelings of weakness and/or dizziness, brain fog and nausea - then it does sound like hypoglycaemia.
    MP Senior

I take L-Tyrosine and ALCAR with a mug of Green Tea on a morning, this seems to keep me going untill mid-afternoon. I take another ALCAR before my workout and I have loads of energy. Regular eating will help as well. I have breakfast at 7:30, snack at 10:30, lunch at 1 and another snack at 4.

Tyrosine, guarana, caffeine and taurine, stacked
    MyProtein Checkout Discount Code MP6672 .:. Max Muscle Plan start (15th September '14)

LATEST 5/3/1 MAXES (Nov '14 @ 78k BW)
    Shoulder Press - 60/70/75 (All-time 1RM PB - 75), Reverse Grip Row - 95/107.5/117.5 (All-time 1RM PB - 117.5),
    Bench Press - 87.5/105/117.5 (All-time 1RM PB - 130), Deadlifts - 160/175/200 (All-time 1RM PB - 215), Squats - 107.5/122.5/142.5 (All-time 1RM PB - 155)
    MP Senior

Surely using these stimulants is just sticking a band aid over the real problem, sure they have their place and can be very useful in certain circumstances but when you have to take them daily in order to function then I dont think that is a healthy relationship to have.

Thread Information