1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Default Histamine intolerance

MP Junior

Hello,

Does anyone here suffer from histamine intolerance? Which proteins do not cause an allergic reaction to you?

I've tried many different brands of whey and casein and they all give me a bad headache. The only one I know is okay is brown rice protein. Any others?

Many thanks!
    MP Veteran

Hi there, welcome to the forums.

Go here and specifically read the last post. It might be useful, it might not.

Hope it does help though.

I can't do cardio, its not an excuse.
    The Moderate Moderator

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

Wotan is a Super Moderator.
    MP Junior

Thank you very much for your answer, Wotan! I've been dealing with the histamine intolerance for a while now and I've never heard of the B3 connection, but I'm definitely trying that!

Does this have it in sufficient amounts? Vitamin B Super Complex from Myprotein

As you say, B3 is very cheap so it's easy enough to test it.

To investigate whether or not it is histamine, you could try a small dose of l-histidine and see what your reactions are. If histidine doesnt trigger a reaction, then i would be doubtful its histamine intolerance
    MP Code MP2931 for 5% off first order - and make daddy some money ...

I dont need to sell my soul, he's already in me
    Stone Roses - "I Wanna Be Adored"

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

hailtotheking is a Global Moderator.
    MP Veteran

The tablets you mention are more than adequate for general purposes but really you probably want something a bit stronger. Try a single 100mg (niacin) tablet by itself and then double it if it doesn't work. If that doesn't work try doubling it again. I used 500mg tablets without a problem and some people I know are on a gram (1000 mg) a day - without a problem.

It sounds obvious but there are various forms of niacin on the market. You just want the ordinary bog standard stuff - specifically NOT the time release, slow release or "No Flush" varieties.

Once the flush dies down (less than a week generally) you only need to take it once or twice a week to prevent the histamine from building-up again.
    Last edited by Wotan; 22-06-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    The Moderate Moderator

Wotan is a Super Moderator.
  6. Default Histamine

MP Junior

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by trkac View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone here suffer from histamine intolerance? Which proteins do not cause an allergic reaction to you?

I've tried many different brands of whey and casein and they all give me a bad headache. The only one I know is okay is brown rice protein. Any others?

Many thanks!
    Hi has there been any news on this as I also suffer from histamine intolerance.Is rice protein definitely safe?

Thanks,
    MP Senior

Interesting study: Excess nicotinamide increases plasma seroto... [Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

It says that excess niacin increases histamine levels. Now im confused?

Thread Information