1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: The Carbs are Wonderful Thread

Rodeo Star

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by artjii View Post
    i'm not feeling it, maybe if there was some warm apple american pie i'd get stuck in!
    I've got a thing for those split jam doughnuts. The ones with the cream stuffed in. It looks so aggressive, with cream and the jam all blended in together.

The custard ones trouble me though...
    The Workers' Hunger Helps Them, Because Their Desire To Eat Makes Them Work.
    Patience Is Better Than Strength. Controlling Your Temper Is Better Than Capturing A City.
    Fools Quickly Show That They Are Upset, But The Wise Ignore Insults.
    MP Veteran

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by James View Post
    Try the maltodextrin, yes it's not a whole food, but your diet is good otherwise - you shouldn't suffer from it, as you do with most wholefood starches, so I believe a more than fair comprimise can be made for the sake of a performance bias.
    Will buy some today, been wondering about it for a while since we talked about it. Will also pick up some unflavoured whey to bake flapjacks with, they YUM!
    James likes this.
    MP Veteran

As the real thread is locked and I dont want to post this into NU's thread, Im gonna do it here. Sorry for not posting this earlier in the right thread, but I think this might shed some light on the whole fat vs carbs issue when it comes to performance:

How a low carb diet affected my athletic performance (Part 4) The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.

Quote Quote
    The one drawback, it seems, to completely eliminating carbohydrates from my diet was a loss of all-out top end power. For someone like me, this doesn’t seem to hinder performance too much, but if I was trying to win an Olympic gold medal in the 400 meter run or the 100 meter freestyle, it seems I’d be better off with some carbohydrate in my diet.
    But the amount of carbs he suggests in another article is nowhere near what people are having ...
    MP Veteran

A Haiku

Toasted panini
    Crispy bacon, melted cheese
    Savoury but sweeeeeet
    MP Veteran

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by dare_v View Post
    As the real thread is locked and I dont want to post this into NU's thread, Im gonna do it here. Sorry for not posting this earlier in the right thread, but I think this might shed some light on the whole fat vs carbs issue when it comes to performance:

How a low carb diet affected my athletic performance (Part 4) The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.

But the amount of carbs he suggests in another article is nowhere near what people are having ...
    This thread is about carbs and how wonderful they are.
    rash797 and funb like this.
    Man of Steel

All hail the mighty Carb!

Post workout Pop-Tarts are my weapon of choice. They make me crave the end of my workouts, sitting down after a tough session and digging in whilst washing them down with a nice cold chocolate whey is sheer bliss.
    Asauka, rash797 and funb like this.
    MP Veteran

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by dare_v View Post

Link that article or quote the number?
    The Journal of Mowens800
    http://podpro.online
    Birmingham Great Run (half marathon): 02:24:28
    MP Veteran

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by Mowens800 View Post
    Link that article or quote the number?
    Sorry.

Ketones and Carbohydrates: Can they co-exist? The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.

Wait just a second, now I love carbs, especially rice noodles at the moment, but I would never have a pwo poptart!

And Artjii learn how to take a joke, we have your post still quoted in mine and Ben responses so chin up....both of them!
    MP Senior

Ive always loved this quote from the Pudz
    Quote Quote
    Between meals, I eat lots of candy…
    Must be where ive been going wrong

Thread Information