1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ** Junior

My ex ate absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, went running everyday and tried to lose weight.

I tried as hard as I could to get her to eat something, but she would just lie about what she had eaten.

Eventually it got to me and had to end it, I think she has started to eat again now and work at it, fingers crossed I hope she does.

Anything she did eat her body stored, she was always down, had no motivation etc.

Women need to sort it out coz its us blokes that get the consequences of mood swings etc
    ** Senior

There's a couple of issues here,

1) The science of nutrition has gone through many changes - some very recently. Sadly people (by this i mean health professionals, fitness professionals, writers etc) don't keep up with the new and more accurate knowledge we have accrued.

2) There are many phsycological and social issues involved when it comes to food and weight.
    Drew Price BSc MAppSc CSCS R.Nutr.
    Clinical & Sports Nutritionist City of London & Harley Street
    Homepage: www.drewprice.co.uk
    CoN
    The General Mod

its the media that does it, before i signed up here i always watched foods with high fat content, i wouldnt even dared look at Peanut butter before i signed up here, now i have a 25g spoonful most nights
    Use Coupon MP15287 For 5% Off Your 1st Order

Carbs "Burn Them Or Wear Them"

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.
    CoN is a General Forum Moderator.
    Ollie
    Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by Karlos02 View Post
    no, this is definitely not the case at alevel biology. the exam papers are set with a fixed mark scheme which the teachers simply must stick to.
    the key to getting high marks is to write what the examiner is looking for, there is simply no room for creativity or individual thoughts in examinations. excluding english lit etc which require opinions and judgements for good marks.

sorry gone a little off topic
    A-levels are **** in that sense. Consider that examiners spend an average of ~2 minutes marking each paper and you'll understand why sticking to a mark scheme is so crucial.

There is NO differentiation between "good" and "excellent" candidates in that sense. One of my best friends, and probably the most intelligent person I know, left a highly regarded school halfway through his A-levels for that very reason. He's now earning in excess of 100k as an investment banker
    ** Senior

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by Drew Price View Post
    There's a couple of issues here,

2) There are many phsycological and social issues involved when it comes to food and weight.

I agree. Truth is that your diet, physicallity and health in general is merely a reflection of your phsychological state. People that have extreme eating disorders usually have a lot of issues, not with food but using food as a way of coping or depriving themselves of food as a means of self harm.
    ** Senior

I dunno, I think that size zero rubbish's got a lot to do with it- I was at the cinema watching 300 with a girl recently and I complained that all the women were too skinny and she said "but thinner girls generally look better, don't they?" and I said "Huh, think I'm gonna be satasfied by a woman built like a wire coat-hanger?"

I was talking to a philosophy and politics professor about a week ago and he commented that more and more, media influences are promoting a thinner build in both men and women, leading to the de-feminised underweight woman and the metrosexual -almost feminine- man forming what is seen as the most attractive group in society. Personally I don't understand this movement, but it's easy to see the causes in the media.
    Green's a very suspicious colour for food....

MP4498
    ** Senior

Well the thing is if you are completely happy with yourself you dont feel the need to change. Obviously a lot of women do think they need to change (low self worth) in order to fit in with what they think is attractive to other people. So they starve themselves (ie blame themselves) which results in health problems (self harm)

The size zero bit is something thats been subjected to women for a long time and they are brought up thinking thats the way to go. When and if they do get it that wont make them happy because their belief system is still false.
    MP Veteran

I hear all sorts of rubbish, "oh i'm going on the dr bull**** detox diet, you can only eat juice of carrots and spinach for 6 weeks" or something along those lines, you also see people cutting out really stupid things in their diet as they have been told all sorts of nonsense, trying to cut out all fat is a typical thing i see.

I can remember once somone said to me they had been eating loads of fig rolls because they had heard that no matter how many you ate they didn't put on any weight!
    High Fat Diet Sucks

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

Ripped Barbarian is a Supplements & Training and Diet Moderator.
    MP 'Expert'

Blog Entries
    Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I can remember once somone said to me they had been eating loads of fig rolls because they had heard that no matter how many you ate they didn't put on any weight!
    HAHAHA! Now THATS what this thread should contain! 'Stupid diet advice' at its best!
    5% OFF your first order & Endless FREE advice - just use the code MP4156 when you order
    Click here for details of my Nutrition Mentorship | DUBLIN Conference 2013
    Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for nutrition updates
    fletch
    i always get really pissed off when i see those stupid cereal adverts trying to get women to eat 2 bowls of cereal a day for so many weeks or whatever to get this amazing body for the beach in the summer.
    what a load of f***in S**t, given out these sort of starvation diets out in the media is an unbelieveably irresponsible thing to do

Thread Information