1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Urine smells like harsh chemicals.

1. Default Urine smells like harsh chemicals.

Banned

Sorry for the strange and gross topic, but as from last night - my urine has been smelling like a chemical, it almost feels like it burns my eyes, I can't describe the smell but it is really strong and overpowering and doesn't just smell like ammonia.

I don't have an STI, so don't suggest that lol, I have only ever been with my girlfriend. I also drink lots of water. Another thing is that all through the night I was going to the toilet with a full bladder even though I didn't drink more than usual and this morning I have a splitting headache (I guessed it was from dehydration as I was peeing out a lot more than I had consumed).

Anyone know what is wrong with me? Is it just a urinary tract infection? I really don't want to go to the doctors and get put on antibiotics while I am so close to healing my colitis - destroying my flora is my last resort! If it is a UTI, then is it possible to cure it without antibiotics? For example, garlic, cranberry extract etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.
    Glasgow's Most Trendy

go to the doctor man, might be nothing, or you might have ingested something and now your kidneys aren't working.
    Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.
    For 5% off use this code! MP38237
    MP Veteran

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by MiniHulk View Post
    Sorry for the strange and gross topic, but as from last night - my urine has been smelling like a chemical, it almost feels like it burns my eyes, I can't describe the smell but it is really strong and overpowering and doesn't just smell like ammonia.

I don't have an STI, so don't suggest that lol, I have only ever been with my girlfriend. I also drink lots of water. Another thing is that all through the night I was going to the toilet with a full bladder even though I didn't drink more than usual and this morning I have a splitting headache (I guessed it was from dehydration as I was peeing out a lot more than I had consumed).

Anyone know what is wrong with me? Is it just a urinary tract infection? I really don't want to go to the doctors and get put on antibiotics while I am so close to healing my colitis - destroying my flora is my last resort! If it is a UTI, then is it possible to cure it without antibiotics? For example, garlic, cranberry extract etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.
    You could still get chlamydia without sex
    Do you want 5% off your first order and advice? Smash in MP72962 when you order

ISAK Level 1 Anthropometrist
    61% Awesome

Sounds like vegetarianism to me.
    I refuse to tip toe through life only to arrive safely at death.
    Get 5% off your first order by using the code MP182651.
    Banned

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by fred View Post
    sounds like vegetarianism to me.
    oh god no!!!
    MP Veteran

Blog Entries
    If it continues to be a problem, go to your GP as already advised. At least you can get a diagnosis - a simple dip test may be able to reveal if you have an infection. If it is an infection, and you are prescribed antibiotics but are loathe to take them (for the reasons you gave) you may be able to try this:

Get hold of some D-Mannose (a type of sugar) and mix it with water. Drink this as directed on the bottle. The way it works is this: E.coli, which is typically the cause of bladder/urinary tract infections (90% of cases), tend to 'cling' to the lining of those organs - making them resistant to antibiotics. When you consume D-Mannose, the E.coli stick to it with even greater affinity than they do to your tissues. When you urinate, you flush away the E.coli along with the D-Mannose.

A friend of mine, who tends to suffer with recurrent UTIs, tried this at my suggestion (after getting very ill on concurrent courses of antibiotics) and had great success!
    Last edited by NU_nutrition_TS; 04-10-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    Banned

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by comanight2 View Post
    go to the doctor man, might be nothing, or you might have ingested something and now your kidneys aren't working.
    Doctors?

God damn, I hate doctors. I guess you are right though.
    Banned

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by NU_nutrition_TS View Post
    If it continues to be a problem, go to your GP as already advised. At least you can get a diagnosis - a simple dip test may be able to reveal if you have an infection. If it is an infection, and you are prescribed antibiotics but are loathe to take them (for the reasons you gave) you may be able to try this:

Get hold of some D-Mannose (a type of sugar) and mix it with water. Drink this as directed on the bottle. The way it works is this: E.coli, which is typically the cause bladder/urinary tract infections (90% of cases), tend to 'cling' to the lining of those organs. When you consume D-Mannose, the E.coli stick to it with even greater affinity than they do to your tissues. When you urinate, you flush away the E.coli along with the D-Mannose.

A friend of mine, who tends to suffer with recurrent UTIs, tried this at my suggestion (after getting very ill on concurrent courses of antibiotics) and had great success!
    Thanks Nu.
    Ben

Have you just started a cycle of anything? This happens to me for the first few days on a Creatine cycle before everything settles down
    Banned

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Have you just started a cycle of anything? This happens to me for the first few days on a Creatine cycle before everything settles down
    No, I haven't changed anything... the only thing I have changed is the addition of activated charcoal for over a week now. I don't think that charcoal pulls stuff through the bladder though so it can't be that!

Thread Information