1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default Raspberry Ketones Powder - 99%

** Senior

When I got my Raspberry Ketones Powder - 99% it was a pleasure because they smelt like raspberry, however, they have now turned to a stomach churning plastic/chemical smell like you would get near a plastic/chemical factory. Because the dosage is small its not having a detrimental effect on my shakes, but I was wondering if anyone else had found that their sweet smeilling Raspberry Ketones Powder - 99% had 'turned' into an environmental disaster zone?

Not complaining, but was curious. Its a really bad smell that permeates the lungs.
    Read My Training & diet Journal To See How Amazing I Am MyProtien Journal

Mr Average Official Web Site

MP Veteran

Have you noticed how the smell/taste taints even china cups? Weird!
    The Moderate Moderator

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

Wotan is a Super Moderator.
    ** Senior

Not really as I put it in the shake. But it does permeate, ie, one snif and its there for a good 10 minutes. I hope its ok. Doesn't smell like yummy raspberrys anymore at all.
    Read My Training & diet Journal To See How Amazing I Am MyProtien Journal

Mr Average Official Web Site

Mine's OK, maybe you've had it open when there was a lot of moisture in the air?...

I'm experimenting with higher doses now, literally, I just popped a compressed 00 capsule full as 100mg doses don't have any noticeable effect other than making me smell nice.
    Depending how it goes I may take 2-3 caps a day.
    Information is not knowledge - Albert Einstein.

The person with the narrowest mind invariably has the biggest mouth.

Nothing works unless you do.

Ask advice only of your equals.

Use this code MP9953, for 5% off of your first purchase and I will give you free step-by-step bodybuilding information via Personal mail that will allow you to get as big and lean as you choose.

I received my raspberry yesterday also. Took 100mg and didn't notice much. How would you rate this product ? Have someone tested it for longer now and received some results from it ?
    MP Junior

Hi
    MP claims: "Scientific studies into Raspberry ketones have linked the product, with an increase in lipolysis..."

However, I could only find that such studies were done on rodents.

Can MP confirm that the studies they mentioned in the product description were done on humans and by who?
    ** Junior

Bump.

I know Wikipedia has its limitations, but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_ketone also states the results have not been replicated in humans either.
    Could MP or another knowledgable member, post some research on humans, as i have also failed to find anything.

Thanks
    Last edited by TheOne; 08-04-2008 at 06:34 PM.
  8. Default Raspberry Ketone

MP Junior

You're right, the only real research studies have been on rodents, but the research reviews are very interesting. It shows that the raspberry ketone inhibits body fat gain by altering lipid metabolism in very specific pathways, so it seems to me that raspberry ketone may be even more effective in humans since these pathways are amplified in human lipid metabolism. However, it is ambiguous to whether or not raspberry ketone is more effective as a fat loss supplement or a preventative fat gain supplement.

Regardless, the pure legitimate stuff (the same stuff used in the studies) is sold out everywhere. The only supplements I can find are proprietary blends, which are probably junk. I found a few good pure products on ******, what do you guys think for someone who wants to try it? I'd be willing to post my results and use it as a sample run.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Wotan; 17-02-2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Comp product
    MP Junior

I have been using raspberry ketone for about 4 weeks, I noticed that it is somewhat indisoluable in water, this would make it difficult to absorb in the stomach and intestines. In order to improve the uptake, I disolve it in water before taking it, to do a complete disolve I take 2-4 oz of water add the suplement and put it in the microwave for 20-30 secs to just bring the water to a starting boil, waiting a few moments swirling to mix the ketone will eventually disolve. It can then be cooled with ice cubes and added to any drink. Currently I am measuring on a scale 500mgs per dose and doing 2 doses a day. I am currently loosing anywhere from 2-4 pounds a week. Understand this is the pure ketone, no other additives. As an adjunct therapy I also do 3gms of Arginine AlphaKetoGluterate, twice daily as a therapy for neurapathy. As this opens up my capilary system to allow for higher oxygen uptake at the nerve sensors it may also be aiding in the distribution of the ketone. This being conjecture but should be verifiable. Since I have had great success with the ketone for weight loss, I would imagine that you should probably investigate the delivery system before saying that it does not work. It has been my experience that the problems with many suplements and drugs is that most of them simply pass through and are eliminated without being absorbed. Pre-disolving or making a tea of the supplement usually helps resolve the absorbtion issue. Particularly where, like the ketone it does not disolve well in body temperature fluids. The only side effect that I have experienced so far is a non-specific increase in appetite that is easily satisfied (when I eat a meal I feel as if I am full from that meal very quickly so I tend to eat smaller meals.)
    MP Junior

Pure raspberry ketone has longish white crystals that do not dissolve well in water at or below 30 degrees C. Has very little odor or taste. It is used in the industry as a flavor clarifier, that clears the pallet rather than as a raspberry flavoring. (this is the manufactured ketone, if it is derived from natural sources it may have contaminants that have unknown activities and flavors). Personally I prefer the manufactured form as there is no other active contaminate, and it should be quite a bit less expensive, as the ketone is only available in very tiny amounts in the natural raspberries. Literally tons of raspberries would have to be processed in order to come up with 100gms of product. One needs to be careful with obtaining this supplement from reputable sources. Most of the distributors will water down the amount of supplement available in a dose to where they can advertise that it has raspberry ketone, but actually has no effect. From my experience, if you are exercising, you will after 2-3 weeks see a continuous weight loss that does not plateau out. If however you begin eating carbohydrates (sugars) in quantities, then you will greatly reduce the effect of the ketone.

Since the activity is to reduce the lipids in fat cells it does not reduce the number of fat cells, so I would imagine that removing the ketone as a supplement while retaining a high fat diet would cause rapid weight gain. So, maintaining the ketone supplement while reducing the fats in your diet would be the way to get the most out of this. Or alternatively, once one gets to their desired weight a therapy that actually disposed of the fat cells (laser liposuction, intense modifying exercise, etc.) would help the weight loss to be more permanent.

Thread Information