1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default how long before you notice the effects of creatine??

MP Junior

ive just started taking creatine, and was just wondering how long it takes until you start to feel of see the effects??
    MP Senior

It will take at least one week to saturate muscle cells.

However, if you don't drink an extra 16-20oz of water and carbs with each serving you will be less likely to maximize the uptake of creatine.
    Use MP Discount Code: MP32712 for 5% off first order
    Manvir - Canadian Lion
    Personal Fitness Instructor & Physio2b
    & MBF® Practitioner ~ VA Leeds CC
    Seen John Conner?

1 week is the usual length of time.
    Dtlv74
    The degree of effect will also vary according to a few factors - if your diet is already high in natural sources of creatine (lots or red meat, particularly beef) you will already have fairly high levels so notice less of a difference. If you are veggie however, the change will probably be much more obvious.

Also, since creatine affects muscle tissue only, the leaner and more muscular you are the more it will make a difference. If you haven't been training long and/or are yet to build up a lot of muscle the visible effect will be lesser (the performance effects will still hold though).
    MP Junior

Also depends on what creatine you are taking aswel, I was told (correct me if Im wrong) CEE Creatine does not need loading, whereas Mono does.

Also different people respond differently to Creatine Mono. When I first took it I didn't realise anything different at all, and I took it for a whole month.
    Last edited by solid-fitnes; 28-04-2008 at 06:40 PM.
    MP Junior

i dnt know either because i have only just started using creatine, and i have been taking for just over 2 weeks now, 5 grams everyday and i havn't noticed anything at all.

So im not sure whether i should try a different type of creatine or just wait to see if i notice any changes?
    MP Junior

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by nath-w View Post
    i dnt know either because i have only just started using creatine, and i have been taking for just over 2 weeks now, 5 grams everyday and i havn't noticed anything at all.

So im not sure whether i should try a different type of creatine or just wait to see if i notice any changes?
    Well what Creatine are you taking? Brand/Type
    MP Junior

i am taking the mp creatine mono
    MP Senior

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by nath-w View Post

Firstly, 5g/day will not allow sufficient creatine to get into the cells. To maximize creatine uptake, try 5g 4x/day, with a protein/carb drink. With 16-20oz of water.
    If you take 2 of your servings around your workout, try taking fast carbs. Research proven to get creatine into the cells faster so your muscles can work harder.
    Use MP Discount Code: MP32712 for 5% off first order
    Manvir - Canadian Lion
    Personal Fitness Instructor & Physio2b
    & MBF® Practitioner ~ VA Leeds CC

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by Canuck Singh View Post
    Firstly, 5g/day will not allow sufficient creatine to get into the cells. To maximize creatine uptake, try 5g 4x/day, with a protein/carb drink. With 16-20oz of water.
    If you take 2 of your servings around your workout, try taking fast carbs. Research proven to get creatine into the cells faster so your muscles can work harder.
    Canuck, I've made noticeable gains using a 5g/day Creatine Mono dose and without using carbs for an insulin spike. Would you say that I would gain further if I were to increase the dosage and supplment it with some fast carbs?
    'They call me Superman... I'm here to rescue you...'

Thread Information