1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Default The best way to take Colostrum

** Junior

Hi Guys,

I'm living out in China now and i can buy Colostrum at a cheap price in 10Kg bags. Given this, can anyone tell me the best way to take it. I am taking it to raise my natural hgh levels, to help exercise recovery time and to help me recover from injuries more quickly.

My current research indicates that i should take it on a empty stomach with at least half a pint of water. I was thinking of taking it upon waking and half an hour before bed, does this seem ok or do you think the second dose should before my evening meal?

Also given that cost is not an issue, does anyone know of an optimum dose or is it case of the more then merrier?

Thanks

Depends on the potency, but i think a tsp in the morning and a tsp before bed is the norm to boost IGF-1 levels at those times when it is most useful.

Chinese colostrum? Due to the horror stories of chinese supplements in the past (anyone remember the chinese tryptophan disaster?), i would be wary of the cleanliness of that stuff, esp. colostrum which could be laced with antibiotics and hormones such as bovine growth hormone (implicated in increased tumor activity in humans) if it has been fed to the cattle that the colostrum came from.
    MP Code MP2931 for 5% off first order - and make daddy some money ...

I dont need to sell my soul, he's already in me
    Stone Roses - "I Wanna Be Adored"

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

hailtotheking is a Global Moderator.
    Save 5% use MP19206

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by hailtotheking View Post
    Depends on the potency, but i think a tsp in the morning and a tsp before bed is the norm to boost IGF-1 levels at those times when it is most useful.

Chinese colostrum? Due to the horror stories of chinese supplements in the past (anyone remember the chinese tryptophan disaster?), i would be wary of the cleanliness of that stuff, esp. colostrum which could be laced with antibiotics and hormones such as bovine growth hormone (implicated in increased tumor activity in humans) if it has been fed to the cattle that the colostrum came from.
    Good advise!
    For 5% off your order use code MP19206 When ordering
    My NEW Journal here
    My CUTTING journal here
    5 Rep PBs -- Benchpress 85Kg -- Squat 150Kg -- Deadlift 160Kg
    ** Senior

Probably best to get it from India if you want it cheap but with less chance of contamination. If you do get it from China, it's probably best to get it from the yunnan province, which is generally regarded as the most pristine area in china.

MP Code MP2931 for 5% off first order - and make daddy some money ...

I dont need to sell my soul, he's already in me
    Stone Roses - "I Wanna Be Adored"

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

hailtotheking is a Global Moderator.

Thread Information