1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Default How many grams of whey / oats in a 60ml scoop please?

MP Junior

I've started taking the supps with me to the gym and mixing them up after. But I'd quite like to start measuring exactly how much I'm taking.

The only scoop I have measures 60cc (i think came with my MP whey, not 100% sure) which I assume is for water, and different for powders depending on density. I looked around on the Internet but didnt come up with anything concrete. Just seeing if you guys could shed some light? It would be good to know how many grams of whey/oats there would be in that 60cc scoop?
    MP Senior

Digital scales? One of the best nutritional purchases you can make if you want to really take control of your diet.
    Challenge. Adapt. Conquer.
    MP Senior

No probs LH. Ive got one set that'll weigh up to about 5kg (i think it is anyway) and another for accurate <1g measurements. Bit fancy but i like to be precise :-)

Another little tip i'd suggest is to buy one of those smallish tupperware tubs especially for a certain kind of meat. ie. i use a smallish one i got from asda for about 30p i think it was thats like a 5" cube; i know for a lot of my meals i need 140g chicken, so i measured out exactly 140g of chicken into this tub, and packed it in quite tight so it's filled properly, then marked a permanent line around so i know in future where to fill it to. Might sound unnecessary when you've got digital scales but past experience has proven that when the batteries inevitably go and nowhere seems to stock them, you're pretty screwed and it caused me the kind of panic that a chav experiences when they lose their mobile.
    MP Senior

While we're on the subject, be wary of the really cheap scales from places like Argos - i've learnt the hard way that some brands are just rubbish (i'm assuming its against the rules to post a link to the sets in question as MP sell scales) and Argos won't give you a refund if you've tested them.

They'll claim to be able to weigh out increments of 1g but you'll find with the cheap ones they'll show 0g for a while then eventually jump straight to 3g or whatever. And if you're really unlucky they'll be the really knackers ones that will show a weight of 100g or whatever then the weight will slowly decrease by about 10g over a few minutes.

In this instance, it's worth paying a bit more for a decent brand/product.

Thread Information