1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default Hurricane XS and weight loss

MP Junior

Hi guys,
    Been having a look around these forums (and others) trying to get some reviews of hurricane xs, almost all of the ones I have found take about using it to bulk up. I am trying to lose weight could I still take it as a PWO shake?
    MP Veteran

Blog Entries
    Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by gmclachl View Post
    Hi guys,
    Been having a look around these forums (and others) trying to get some reviews of hurricane xs, almost all of the ones I have found take about using it to bulk up. I am trying to lose weight could I still take it as a PWO shake?
    Welcome to the forum man, I can tell you that when I used Hurricane XS i only used it for losing bodyfat i.e cutting. I seen good results from too, Its a good all in one formula. any other questions hit me up.

dont forget so 95% of losing weight is all about what your eating/diet, ensure thats good and clean and you'll be on your way.
    5% OFF: MP43589
    MP Junior

Thanks for the quick reply. My main concern with hurricane xs is the comments on the site about the amount of sugar (dextrose) in it.

Looking at the nutritional info that doesn't seem to make much sense and it's low in carbs compared to recovery xs. although that seems to get all its carbs from WMS.

I think your recommendation is good enough for me though, I will give it a try
    Save 5% use MP19206

Quote Quote
    Thanks for the quick reply. My main concern with hurricane xs is the comments on the site about the amount of sugar (dextrose) in it.

Looking at the nutritional info that doesn't seem to make much sense and it's low in carbs compared to recovery xs. although that seems to get all its carbs from WMS.

I think your recommendation is good enough for me though, I will give it a try
    It's not that low in carbs and the largest carb in it is dextrose(sugar) which is what people are talking about. Personally I wouldnt use it PWO for cutting. I'd stick to just protein personally, as taking carbs blunts the potential fat burning effect from a workout. If you are naturally an ectomorph then this wont really matter, but as said before diet is most important.
    For 5% off your order use code MP19206 When ordering
    My NEW Journal here
    My CUTTING journal here
    5 Rep PBs -- Benchpress 85Kg -- Squat 150Kg -- Deadlift 160Kg
    MP Junior

I am confused. I thought that it was a good thing to take a high(ish) GI carb post workout to replace glycogen levels and help the protein delivery. I currently use either a banana blended with my shake or WMS.

I am kind of new to all of this. The only thing I know for sure is that since I changed my routine (heavier weights, lower reps) and started rugby again it is taking me too long to recover between sessions. I am not sure how to combat this with diet alone.

I think also I may have my terminology wrong. I am 6"1' and weigh 180. I am not averse to putting weight on, but my main aim is to lose body fat, which I am doing through my diet.
    MP Veteran

Blog Entries
    Quote Quote
    I am confused. I thought that it was a good thing to take a high(ish) GI carb post workout to replace glycogen levels and help the protein delivery. I currently use either a banana blended with my shake or WMS.

I am kind of new to all of this. The only thing I know for sure is that since I changed my routine (heavier weights, lower reps) and started rugby again it is taking me too long to recover between sessions. I am not sure how to combat this with diet alone.

I think also I may have my terminology wrong. I am 6"1' and weigh 180. I am not averse to putting weight on, but my main aim is to lose body fat, which I am doing through my diet.
    In my experience the sugars in hurricane xs never bothered my progress, I think its just a matter of what works for an individual and what doesnt, my friend also used hurricane on a cut, but recently switched to hurricane evo as it has added leucine and stuff.
    5% OFF: MP43589
    MP Senior

I would say that Hurricane XS could be good for cutting fat, but its a supplement... you need to look at your whole diet, rather than just your PWO shake!
    Ryan's Recipe Blog : London Marathon training log
    : Ryan's Justgiving page - sponsor me!
    5% discount off protein shakes and supplements with this code: MP46275
    MP Junior

I think my diet is sound, a typical day would be

Breakfast:
    Oats, Berries and Protein shake.

Snack:
    Yogurt with some flaxseed

Lunch:
    Tuna and avocado salad.

Preworkout:
    Turkey/Chicken/Tuna on sourdough.

Post Workout:
    Protein Shake with WMS

Dinner
    Turkey/Chicken/Pork/Fish with brown basmati and veg.

Prebed:
    Protein Shake.

I also supplement with zinc, fish oil and vit c.

Also I am pretty strict, I will have a cheat meal every couple of weeks, normally chinese and will still stay away from white rice and higher GI.

George
    MP Senior

Looks pretty good. I would just have a protein shake, no dextrose/ wms PWO and see how that goes. The reduction in calories would help.

Alternatively, get rid of the rice with your dinner for a bit, see how that goes...
    Ryan's Recipe Blog : London Marathon training log
    : Ryan's Justgiving page - sponsor me!
    5% discount off protein shakes and supplements with this code: MP46275
    Save 5% use MP19206

Quote Quote
    I think my diet is sound, a typical day would be

Breakfast:
    Oats, Berries and Protein shake.

Snack:
    Yogurt with some flaxseed

Lunch:
    Tuna and avocado salad.

Preworkout:
    Turkey/Chicken/Tuna on sourdough.

Post Workout:
    Protein Shake with WMS

Dinner
    Turkey/Chicken/Pork/Fish with brown basmati and veg.

Prebed:
    Protein Shake.

I also supplement with zinc, fish oil and vit c.

Also I am pretty strict, I will have a cheat meal every couple of weeks, normally chinese and will still stay away from white rice and higher GI.

George
    Diet isnt too bad do you have any idea of the total Kcals or the macros? Do you find cutting easy or difficult?
    For 5% off your order use code MP19206 When ordering
    My NEW Journal here
    My CUTTING journal here
    5 Rep PBs -- Benchpress 85Kg -- Squat 150Kg -- Deadlift 160Kg

Thread Information