1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Default Maltodextrin and Creatine Monohydrate

MP Junior

Hi,

I've just started a training regime which consists of 3 weights workouts per week (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays) and 3 short interval running cardio sessions (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays - 20mins each). I am performing these at 9am each morning.

I am currently taking Creapump roughly 30 minutes before each weights and cardio session (and will continue to use on the Sunday as a creatine supplement), and post workout/cardio I am taking Impact Whey Protein with Maltodextrin and a small scoop of Creatine.

As I'm trying the shift a little bit of weight from my stomach, should I be using Maltodextrin on my cardio days, or should I just have an Impact Whey Protein and Creatine shake? Also, I mix with milk post-weights session. Should I just use water for post-cardio, or will the small amount of fat in the milk be fine? (I only ask because I also have semi-skimmed milk in the morning with porridge).

Finally, as I'm taking Creapump every day, should I even be adding a small MP scoop of Creatine post workout?

I know there's a lot of questions, but I'd appreciate any help you guys could give.

Cheers,
    Adam
    Use MP120578

Most of your questions are answered simply by "if it fits in your diet plan". If you are trying to lose weight though maltodextrin isn't a bad thing to cut out, but equally there is no reason it couldn't be part of a good diet even for cutting.

For Creatine, the main thing is to aim for 5g a day. Maybe a little more or less if you are bigger or smaller than average. I would just top up whatever you need to hit 5g with Creatine after you have used the Creapump.
    Want to save 5% on your order? Want to repay me for the awesome advice I gave you? Or do you just like the cut of my jib?
    ---> Then use MP120578 on your 1st order & get a 5% discount.

Thread Information