1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default the best form of arginine?

** Senior

Just wondering which is the best form L - arginine, AAKG, Di arginine malate or AEE? I've heard the malate form is the best, what does everyone think?

mat
    Tom

depends what u mean by best.

AAKG is 6.50 per 100 g at 4g a day = 25days worth = 26p a day
    arginine EE is 10.99 per 100g at 2g a day = 50days worth = 22p a day
    Di arginine malate 6.99 per 100g at 8g a day = 12.5 days worth = 55p a day

so cost wise, arginine ee

He may have meant most effective.
    MP Code MP2931 for 5% off first order - and make daddy some money ...

I dont need to sell my soul, he's already in me
    Stone Roses - "I Wanna Be Adored"

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

hailtotheking is a Global Moderator.
    Tom

i dnt really have mmuch experience but im sure they alll do the same thing
    ** Senior

soz i meant effectiveness i'm not too bothered about price(with in reason).
    i've tried doing a search on the net and some people think di arginine malate, whilst others a combo of AAGK and citruline malate. really i'm just wanting to know which form gives the greatest pump and increases NO the most.
    MP Senior

iv tried AAKG and am currently using AEE. on AAKG, i was using 12g a day, and took a few days before ai noticed any effect. im currently using AEE, have been for only a few days, and i feel it is a lot better, and im taking 4-6g of it at most!
    Transformation 2014 V-Log: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUqPlTKNDzc
    Disclaimer: All advice is followed at own risk and should be followed up with own research or doctors advice.
    nirish_mark20 is a General Forum Moderator.
    ** Senior

ok cheers guys. i've got some aakg and might buy some cit mal and stack it with cee and go from there
    Tom

what sort of effect are u after?
    ** Senior

i've never used any before but i've been reading that you get a better pump, recovery, more energy and has something to do with nitrogen balance which in turn increases protein synthesis and therefore is anti catabolic. which all sounds good to me.so these are the effects i'm after. what i don't understand is why for example do MP do about 3 types of arginine? is it a fiancial reason for example if things are tight just use l-arginine, or the amount of arginine use AEE (as you don't need as much). i know the differences between creatine mono and cee, with cee there is no need for dextrose, there's no bloating and less water retention and you don't need as much. but with arginine products there doesn't seem to be much explaination as to the benefits of each one. sorry if i'm going on a bit
    MP Senior

well aparently AEE is better absorbed, same as CEE, than AAKG (or monohydrate if your talking creatine) so thats why theres a price difference. Some people dont need as much to notice an effect. as i mentioned before, it took 12g a day for me to notice an increase in my vascularity, but i didnt notice anything in relation to a 'pump'

just go with any of them and see, you might work better with a particular type!

as for the effects you listed, the nitrogen balance can be achieved with enough protein in your diet. this is the same with recovery, get your kcals right and your food macros proper and recovery will be achieved.

just give one of them a shot and after a few months maybe try another one
    Transformation 2014 V-Log: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUqPlTKNDzc
    Disclaimer: All advice is followed at own risk and should be followed up with own research or doctors advice.
    nirish_mark20 is a General Forum Moderator.

Thread Information