1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Wotan

Thread: Bloated and Stomach Cramps after Impact Whey Isolate

1. Question Bloated and Stomach Cramps after Impact Whey Isolate

MP Junior

Started training again recently (after about 2 years!) and decided to buy 1kg of Impact Whey from MyProtein this week. I have used this before (as I say, a few years ago) but never used to experience this problem.

I use 1 large scoop in 200ml of water after training (yesterday and today) and on both occasions I have experienced stomach pains and bloating about 30mins after my shake, which lasts for over an hour.

I trained both days between 5pm - 6pm and had my shake within 10 minutes of finishing my training (which I gulp down quickly in 4-5 mouthfuls), followed immediately by a low-cal and low-carb meal.

Could this be to do with how quick I am drinking it? Or could it be that I am consuming on a virtually empty stomach (other than the 1 litre or so of water I consume whilst training)? Or could it just be my body is not used to such a large quantity of protein in 1 go, and could get better with use?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    MP Veteran

Hey, im guessing it is that your not use to it any more, i remember i use to suffer severe bloating and wind when i first started taking protein shakes, pretty sure its not due to an empty stomach or because its such a large amount of protein, i often break my 16hour fast with a double scoop protein shake... i would suggest taking half a scoop with the same amount of water or maybe a tad more, and drink it slower, see if it still gives the same problem and if not have another half a scoop.
    MP Veteran

... (which I gulp down quickly in 4-5 mouthfuls), .

And probably swallow half a lung's worth of air at the same time without realising it. This alone, even if you belched it up again within a few minutes, would be enough to set off the stretch receptor's alarms in your gut-lining.
    The Moderate Moderator

Disclaimer: All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

Wotan is a Super Moderator.

Thread Information