1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By JaMeZ

Thread: Drinking water with creatine

1. Default Drinking water with creatine

MP Senior

Ok so i hear you should drink lots of water when taking creatine...

I have been trying to do this, but my body just doesnt let me, for example, one hour ago i had my first glass of water, then another abotu ten mins later, then another, the glass is only small, probably 150ml so thats 450ml of water, and i just had to pee, and like at least 400ml of pee came out my body (sorry to be gross)

and i know for a fact now that if i drink more water it will all come straight out, it goes straight through me, i dont think my body has time to absorb it!!

WHAT CAN I DO??????

P.S i have this problem all the time, not just with creatine, water always goes straight through me
    Will's Stronglift 5x5 12 Week Journal
    Use code: MP799122 for 5% off first order!
    Goals: 5x5 - Squat: 95kg | Deadlift: 120kg | Bench press: 80kg | OHP: 55kg | Pendlay row: 60kg |||| 3x5 - Weighted chins: 15kg | Weighted dips: 30kg
    MP Senior

I would just drink when your thirsty honestly buddy, your body will tell you if you need more water!
    pb75, chill9, Mowens800 and 1 others like this.
    MP 733586

Just keep a bottle of water on you at all time and just sit there and sip at it.
    Training Info
    "I'm not there yet but I'm a day closer than I was yesterday"
    MP Veteran

been told so many different things but different people and websites, the same with the long term useage and the same with water bloating,
    the fact of the matter is if your drinking less then 2l a day you'll be dehyrated, just find what works for you i find i don't really need or feel the need to drink anymore well while on creatine but i'm on a low/average doseage, 5g on non training and 10g on training, i prefer to do it for three months over the winter period just incase I do bloat,
    my journey; http://community.myprotein.com/train...g-journal.html
    Pbs: squat 2*130kg(belted), bench 2*85kg, g, deadlift 1*165kg
    MP Junior

The more water you drink, the more you'll pee! water in, water out. your body will re-hydrate and then excrete surplus to requirements. i drink on average 4l per day because I am thirsty and because i like to make sure I am hydrated for my workouts etc.

Seriously don't worry about water intake you'll know when you need to drink more and when you've drunk too much.
    MP Junior

Fill a 2 litre water bottle, drink it throughout the day.

Add a couple of drinks on top of this throughout the day/evening and you'll be fine.

If you notice headaches while on the creatine then increase you water intake by 500ml.
    MP Senior

See people say if i dont drink 2l i will be dehydrated, but i dont think i ever drink 2l (i know i should and i will start) and i never feel dehydrated, pee is never really yellow or anything
    Will's Stronglift 5x5 12 Week Journal
    Use code: MP799122 for 5% off first order!
    Goals: 5x5 - Squat: 95kg | Deadlift: 120kg | Bench press: 80kg | OHP: 55kg | Pendlay row: 60kg |||| 3x5 - Weighted chins: 15kg | Weighted dips: 30kg
    MP Junior

It's more about creatine having the effect of using the water to add to your muscle mass.
    just try drink as much as you can
    MP Veteran

It doesn't just have to be water, take it by other means like tea/coffee/green tea. I take creatine in my coffee in the morning as I can't go with my morning starter.

Thread Information