1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Default How long can you leave whey protein in water for?

** Senior

A the title states, how long can you leave whey protein in water for before it becomes no good anymore (looses its quality? Reason why im asking is ive started a new job and feel awkard taking in a shaker and using it. Thought about taking a normal bottle with the protein already in water. Would it be ok if i mixed the protein with water and drank it 5hrs later?
    Bounced

If you keep in the fridge then I belive you can keep it overnight (not sure if you can longer than that), just shake it before you drink it as it may settle. You have to look at this whey (<--LOL) it's dairy based so prolonged exposure to room temperature could make go rank, have you ever left you used but empty shaker for a while not washing it, I did it went so rank that I had to throw it away.
    If I helped you then you can use MP19352 for 5% off you first order

Do you feel the pain? HUH DO YOU PUNK? Feels goooooooood doesn't it?
    cleaver
    Take your shaker into work. You might feel awkward for a couple of ays but after that it'll be fine. People will probably ask what your are taking and why. But thats easy to explain.

A guy at my work saw me with green tea extract. He just about crapped himself. I think he was expecting me to start cooking up and turn the office into a shooting gallery!
    Wrowl

LOL! It's always like that. I get huge MP deliveries to my desk. I have a tub of whey permanently at work, I've taken sida to work for a few weeks when dieting and I bust out the green tea extract on a daily basis. There were the inevitable cheeky comments to begin with but no one bats an eyelid any more. People just get used to you doing it.

Anyway, my advice would be to take a small tub of whey to work - fill one of the smaller ones if you have any old ones lying about - and stir a few spoonfuls into a mug of water whenever you want some.
    Bounced

Another thing you can do is get largish zip bags and put one portion per sip bag, I do that when I go to the gym as I use normal water bottle to mix my shake in.
    If I helped you then you can use MP19352 for 5% off you first order

Do you feel the pain? HUH DO YOU PUNK? Feels goooooooood doesn't it?

Blog Entries
    indefinately, the protein wont "degrade", the taste will just be funny.

Thread Information