1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TRX Ropes

1. Default TRX Ropes

MP Junior

Hi,

I have recently started a new job so hardly have time to go to the gym anymore so i was looking into buying some TRX ropes asthey seem very good.

However they are very expensive, anybody know of any copies of them? or any other things i could use to simulate them?

any help much appreciated! Thanks!!
    MP Veteran

What is it you're looking to aim for? It will likely be cheaper and more convinient (and betterer) to grab a few Kettlebells or dumbbells instead. I tried TRX stuff for a while and honestly you just benefit more from free weights.
    "Forgive me Father for these gains I'm about to receive"
    Training Journal
    MP Junior

want to tone my stomach.. chesy and back, know anywhere i can get cheap kettle bells and any exercises i can do with them?

thanks mate
    MP Junior

chest**
    MP Junior

Check these out yoo! RossTraining.com Blog can find the straps anywhere online or should have them in halfords or b&q. Check some of his other articles too! bought one of his books called never gymless when i decided to quit my gym got some sick improvisations and bodyweight stuff! hope that helps.
    MP Veteran

I hate to sound horrible but can you honestly not find 3 hours a week to go to the gym. An hour after work on like a Monday an hour on a Thursday then an hour at any point during the weekend. You don’t need 8 hours as people suggest heck you probably don’t even need 3 hours.

Three 30min sessions heck that’s pretty much all i do. SL 5x5 3 exercises 3 times a week and your done. Personally i think even with a job anyone can find 3 hours even if you have kids. Hundreds of thousands of people have jobs heck most of the Olympic athletes have some extracurricular job of some sort I know this as I work with one 9-5 every day (ps slightly different commitment I know but still you get my point.)

.Sorry to sound negative but you won’t get the same results in the same time without it. I mean even buying a cheap squat rack for 40 quid and a 6ft bar with some weights for at home is better. ps squat rack will let you do everything you need as they adjust so can be used for bench ect.
    My Training Log - Click Here
    For 5% Off Your First Order use MP222755
    Can you think of anything that tastes worse than strawberry flavoured protein???
    Didn't think so.....
    Banned

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by macmuscle View Post
    Check these out yoo! RossTraining.com Blog can find the straps anywhere online or should have them in halfords or b&q. Check some of his other articles too! bought one of his books called never gymless when i decided to quit my gym got some sick improvisations and bodyweight stuff! hope that helps.
    Thanks
    MP Senior

Buy Gymnast rings.....much much cheaper and you can do most things + some more.

Trx is no way deserved of its price tag!!
    "Oh no! I woke up really big and muscly!!"
    - Said no one, ever, in the history of the world.

Thread Information