1. Welcome to the Myprotein Community & Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: James' Log

MP Junior

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by James View Post
    Hi mate,

Great to hear from you - nothing written up acutely, all my old posts here I removed, too.

Feel free to ask any questions you want to know or pick my brains, however. How is life and training going? Still going career focused?

!
    Cheers James, I'll be in touch a little closer to the time when planning gets underway.

Life's good thanks. I enjoyed a couple of years living in Manchester but I'm back living at my parents' to save up for a mortgage deposit. Hoping to move out again early in the new year. Still working at the same place but will be making some changes in 2018 if everything goes to plan!

Hope everything's good with you. Looks like your training is going well. I'm going to try and keep my log updated and keep up with the few that are left in the forum.

(Created a new log-in because I lost my old details)

Yes do let me know. Moving back home is no shame and seriously turbo charges your savings and if you are close with family can be lovely for a time. Glad to hear you have great things on the cards! Also, good to know you will be posting to log again.

I was JUST about to start once more but had a kind of up and down week this week as start was GREAT and very strong, but yesterday was a tad crappy and today is a NO GO at all thanks to missus giving me a form a of weak manflu where I feel fien to do things but joint aches and no motivation to train (and I know with me that means knock it on the head or regret it!).

Also, due to commitments tomorrow I planned this week Mon to Fri five gym days so due to schedule of last week that would of meant 7 training days in a row - think this has crippled me a touch too - so knocking today, pull day, on the head and will have a clear 2 day rest up before starting back Monday.

Suffice to say, since coming back to the 5 day over the 6 day split (hitting everything twice a week over three times a week) I have felt much better... i must stop trying to be greedy as I was doing the best I have ever done strength wise before chucking in the 7 weeks or so of 6 day splits before burning out using the 5 day split.
    Accepting online clients, get in touch! Read my training log. .:. The ONLY supplements you need

Disclaimer:
    All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

James is a Global Moderator.

First session back today, still not feeling too great, annoyingly weights took a hit despite only having 4 days off training. Going to do a forced ramp cycle this week and next due to strength - 90% of regular weights this week, 95% next week then back to normal (or more, who knows!) the week after - then deload as per usual week 4.

Lower Body Strength (weights at 90% of recent load)

Squats 3 x 3-5, RPE 8-9
    140 x 4, 4, 4 @ RPE 8, 8, 8

Deadlift 3 x 3-5, RPE 8-9
    190 x 3, 180 x 4, 4 @ RPE 9, 8 8

Barbell Side Lunges 3 x 5-7, RPE 6-7
    80 x 5, 7, 7 @ RPE 5, 6.5, 6.5

Leg Extension 3 x 6-8, RPE 7-8
    125 x 6, 6, 6 @ RPE 8, 8, 8

Calf Raise Machine 4 x 6-8, RPE 7-8
    160 x 6, 6, 6, 6 @ RPE 7, 7, 7.5, 7.5

Diet wise, for those interested: Roughly walking at least 12 miles a week to gym, in town etc (no car or public transport use) atop of five gym sessions and pottering about.

Average fortnight weight - 86.6k
    BMR - 1855
    Harris Benedict modifier - 1.675 (think may need to raise soon)

Calories - 3320 (set for 1% total body weight gain a month)
    Protein - 173 (2g for every per kilo of bodyweight)
    Fats - 111 (30% of total calorie intake)
    Carbs - 409 (remainder of calories remaining after protein and fat set)
    Last edited by James; 10-10-2017 at 05:55 PM.
    Accepting online clients, get in touch! Read my training log. .:. The ONLY supplements you need

Disclaimer:
    All posts on these forums are for information and discussion purposes only and solely the views of the forum member who posted. No posts constitute or replace medical advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All advice is followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research or doctors advice.

James is a Global Moderator.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information